Commune of the
Mediterranean littoral and the Alpes-Maritimes, Mandelieu la Napoule
is ideally located between Siagne and Grande Bleue, at the foot
of the solid mass of Estérel and Tanneron, solid mass which
develops, in its case, the majestic forest of the mimosa.
Mandelieu la Napoule lives at the rhythm of the flowering of this
australe flower. Le mimosa, genuine "sun of winter", is
celebrated, every years in February, by a feast marked by tradition
and local exhilarating folklore which is a feast for the eyes that
warms everyone's heart with its encanting charm.
the western end of the Côte d'Azur, Mandelieu-la Napoule is
a bathing resort which has undergone rapid development over the
past few years. A highly-prized center for water sports and golfing:
a large harbor close to the huge castle and two seaside golf courses.
Mandelieu is basically for holiday-makers, though it becomes the
Capital of Mimosa every year in February.
The Castle -
a truly handsome building - was restored in 1919 by Mr. and Mrs.
Henry Clews and it is now a museum where sculptures by Mr. Henry
Clews are exhibited, along with many temporary exhibitions and events.
Make the most of a few hours freedom to wander along the San Peyre
footpath: there are gardens, Roman ruins and an illustrated trig
point to help you better understand the magnificent landscape spread
Facing the Mediterranean,
on the Riviera Côte d'Azur, Mandelieu-La Napoule, already
appreciated by the British and Russian aristocracy at the end of
the 19th century, has expanded in time to become a sea-side resort
combining vitality with amusement, between the sea and the country-side.
Napoule offers contrasting rare sceneries between its fine sand
beaches along its prestigious sea front and its wooded areas of
the Estérel and Tanneron massifs. Protected country-side
offers itineraries with much to discovery to all those who follow
Avenue Henry Clews
Phone: +33(0)493 49 95 31
Fax: +33(0)493 97 99 57